Estee Lauder Double Wear Review & Swatches

estee lauder double wear foundation swatches
Hello Again Beauty Friends,
    For those of you who have perfect skin, this probably isn't the post for you.  Actually, this isn't the blog for you so you should probably just wander away to another page.  BUT if you're like me, someone who doesn't have perfect skin and you're looking for a foundation to cover those pesky imperfections, you might've wondered about the well known Estee Lauder Double Wear.
    I have a mix in my collection of Double Wear Maximum Coverage (The blue one), Double Wear Light ( the one that looks like the blue one but is cream... yes my descriptions are impecable I know), Double Wear Stay-in-Place, and the Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer.
    I will start by saying it's worth the hype!  They cover like a dream.  Each one has a different coverage rating that I will get into in just a sec but they're every bit as full coverage as you've read.  Now as far as coverage levels go, Maximum Coverage is just as true as the label reads.  It's MAXIMUM.  Actually, I would go as far as to say it basically gives you new skin.  So if you need a new face, that's what you need to buy haha.  I first heard about the foundation from YT'er thataylaa The cons of Maximum coverage would be the shade range.  It's terrible, it's awful, actually it's terriful.
    Next is the OG Double Wear Stay-in-Place.  I love it as well.  It is not nearly as high coverage but if you're having a day when you need a good full coverage but don't need an entirely new face, this one is for you. I actually find one of my favorite ways to wear this one and Maximum coverage is to mix it with MUFE Ultra HD foundation (shade 118 for reference)  I don't know why I like to do that but it works for me. Many YT'ers love the OG Double Wear and I see why.
   Last is the Double Wear Light.  It's exactly what it says.  I wouldn't say it's full coverage but it's no bb cream either.  It's good.  On a lighter makeup day or for someone who has dry skin, this would be the option for you.  I have normal, combo, sometimes oily skin.  I never seem to land in just one category.
   The concealer... well,  I have just used it to spot conceal.  I don't really have any great or bad vibes about this one.  It does what it is supposed to but if I had to be honest I have found myself reaching for the Double Wear Maximum to use to spot conceal more than I have this.  I know recently Jaclyn Hill tried it out and hated it in a video but I haven't ever put it under my eyes as a brightner.  Does it work? Sure.  Is it anything special? No, not really.  I will probably use it up but will not repurchase.
1. Double Wear Light- Intensity 1.0
2. Double Wear Maximum- 1N3 Creamy Vanilla
3. Double Wear Maximum- 2C5 Creamy Tan
4. Double Wear Stay-in-Place- 2N1 Desert Beige
5. Double Wear Stay-in-Place- 2W1 Dawn
6. Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer- 2C Light Medium (Cool)

*photo was taken in natural lighting with no editing for color reference

Let me know if you've tried any of this line and what you thought!  Cheers

No comments